Wednesday, February 9, 2011

our first full week and......

so my kids took their unit test yesterday...
and they did really well! the entire class mastery average was 79%. I'm pretty stoked by it, i was bragging about them all day!
Until that is, two of my kids decided to get in a fight. it was in their science classroom, and not my room, but still. silly kids.

we had slps professional development today. it was two very long, boring hours of a lot of the same stuff we get in tfa. and i'm not really sure what the policy is... it's supposed to be for all new first year teachers, which would mean A LOT of tfa people, but there were probably only about 20 people total at the meeting.. i mean, why do i have to go but not other people?

i am also currently doing an online course for my masters. i've never taken a fully online course before. it's kinda hard to remember deadlines and such. it just slips my mind completely when i don't actually have to physically be somewhere. i emailed the prof to apologize for all my late stuff and she said that it's ok, there is quite a large learning curve for online courses... thank goodness!!

anyways, that's what's up in my life. lots of school!

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about online classes! Both of my classes this semester are online, which is great because it allows me more flexibility scheduling-wise. But the downside is I never feel on top of things! Even though I read the syllabus for each week I always forget and have to go back and re-read all the time to make sure I'm not missing stuff.

    ReplyDelete