Wednesday, March 23, 2011

oh lord

well back from spring break has been quite the adventure.
spring break was WONDERFUL a true vacation and EXACTLY what i needed. i would go back to jamaica in a heart beat!
the re-entry back into the real world was not quite as fun.
today, for example.
the executive director of TFA STL came to my school today to meet with a 2nd year corps member. he popped into my room before going to meet the other corps memeber. OMG. MY KIDS WERE OFF THE CHAIN (which is partly my fault for poor planning). after he left, i literally stood, shell shocked in my classroom, when one of my students came up and wanted to talk to me about what he had been asking her, and then she saw my face and was just like "he was important, wasn't he" and i said "yep, he's like a bosses boss" and my kids heard that, and saw my face and they all were like "omg, ms b, we're so sorry!" and i just stood there and was like, do your work..... in the five minutes we have left of class.
i'm sad that he had to come in when he did, i planned poorly for that last 20 min of class and had already thrown out 2 students for the same 'ol same 'ol and was just tired of the shenanigans. ugh
i did hear later though that he said it was obvious i had really good relationships with my students. which is a compliment, but yea, the time he was in the classroom did not go well.

i am thankful that i have good relationships with my students, but in same ways it can be hard too--sometimes i think they see me as a friend type more than a teacher type. not all the time, but sometimes. oh well. i'm glad i have the relationships i do with my students in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment