Thursday, August 19, 2010

Blog title

hey guys,
figured this would be easier to keep everyone updated on whats goin onnnnnnnn in my life here, instead of telling tons of people the same thing over and over again.
i'm sure you are wondering about the title. look it up on youtube. my students said they're going to teach me. i also promised them i'd show them my moves (haha) at the end of the semester. they promised not to laugh too hard.
in other news, for those of you who don't know, i'm teaching 7th graders and i'm teaching Communication Arts (aka english). there is actually kinda a lotta pressure cause it's a tested area for NCLB. it is also a change from what i thought i would be teaching (social studies).
however my kids (so far) are cute. the boys are all SMALL! but i think they are going to grow A LOT by the end of the year.
so. this is the setting. i teach at a school that is 7-12. i teach 7th graders comm arts and i am their advisor (which means that i also see them 1-3 other times during the day and teach them random things).
so that's that.
first week almost over.
i'll try to update this as much as i can!

6 comments:

  1. I am so excited to hear about how things go! How many TFA teachers are at your school?

    Keep up the good work (and dougie practice)

    -Lauren B

    ReplyDelete
  2. there are 2 other TFA-ers plus one TFA alum. but my school is really small, so there are only about 14 teachers total!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katherine - I'm so excited you are keeping a blog! I'm looking forward to reading all about your TFA adventures/class!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for getting that song stuck in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  5. bahaha. my kids get songs stuck in my head on a daily basis.
    "pretty boy swag" is probs their fav. i hope i just got THAT stuck in your head now. cause it's def in mine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO I saw this women (35+, rockin' a 'stache) on the metro last night rockin out to this song-- someone definitely taught her how to dougie.

    ReplyDelete