Wednesday, August 31, 2011

makes my day

today i got a call from 2 former students... it made my day!!
they were telling me that their new school is hard and that it is too strict!! I laughed at that one. my best student from last year also told me that she managed to land herself in ISS since she got in an argument with another girl from our class last year. i laughed when she told me, because i was not at all surprised.

anyways, today otherwise was good and bad. i actually am enjoying teaching american history. it surprises me how little many of the kids know american history... lots of the kids actually get the civil war confused with the revolutionary war... so... that's interesting. today i had two of my am hist classes and i gave them out a project to work on, and they did WONDERFUL! i loved seeing them work and get excited about it, and get RIGHT to work. of course, today's two periods generally don't have as many management issues as tomorrow's two periods. my world history classes, on the other hand, are QUITE a handful. today they were NOT fun. my other prep of world can be wonderful, but there are lots of talkers in there, i just need to give them LOTS of hands-on things to keep them occupied.

tomorrow, though, should be interesting. since we have a heat advisory we are being dismissed at 11 am (well the kids are). so i'm only going to see my periods 5-8 for half the time i usually do and then won't see them on Friday since we will again dismiss at 11. this heat is going to be the end of me. i'm over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment