Tuesday, October 26, 2010

first day back

so today was good and bad.
it was my first day back after my long weekend. i came back to find out that my students accomplished next to nothing yesterday and my best student was thrown out of the classroom by the sub. so.
my kids were all sorts of off today.
3rd period was good today, 7th period was not.
i ended up getting locked out of my classroom by one of my oh so lovely students.
they knew they had gone too far though when i got back in (it was literally about ten seconds when i had to tell students to let me in) because they were silent. completely silent.
i felt like i was breathing fire i was so angry.
but my kids said they were happy to see me this morning and 3rd period was good. a topsy turvey day overall.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Katherine--

    Heard Papa was thrilled to see you and Greg in New Jersey, so it was worth having the kids a bit unruly after a day of a sub! Keep the positive days/moments in your memory. And learn from the challenging days/moments. I thoroughly respect teachers, their job is not easy!

    Polly

    ReplyDelete