Wednesday, December 15, 2010

ice skating

so i am currently waiting for my choc chip cookies to cool, so here is the (highly anticipated i know) story of taking one of my students ice skating.

so tfa put on this event where teachers could take up to four of their students ice skating at no charge. the ice skating rink (to my surprise) was ACTUALLY OUTSIDE!!!! so both me and my student were a TAD underdressed.

so, like i said, i was allowed to bring up to four students, but most of my kids were busy that saturday and, frankly, not all of my students had behaved well enough to be able to go, so i just took one student, one of my girls.

when i picked her up, i asked her if she had ever gone ice skating, she said no. to myself i thought "oh boy, this is gonna be interesting"

when we got there, we got our skates, laced up (i had to help her, she wasn't sure what to do at first), and i gave her my hand we got on the ice.....where she DID NOT FALL! we were pro. we were there for about an hour and half and she didn't fall ONCE! i was pretty impressed! especially when compared to the other students falling all over the ice haha.

it was a fun morning because i got to be in a different setting with one of my students, i also got to hear a bunch of the gossip going on in my classroom! (i'm happy to say i knew most of the boy-girl stuff going on! i'm perceptive! lol)

anyways
cookies are done baking (omg, cookie overload)
i need to go do something productive!

No comments:

Post a Comment